When your car breaks down, it can be a stressful situation, that’s why 888 Tows is always ready to help. We service the Surfside Beach, Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Garden City, Pawleys Island, Georgetown, Conway, Burgess, Carolina Forest, Socastee, North Myrtle Beach, as well as all of Horry County areas.
There are some steps you can take to address the issue and get back on the road safely.
Here’s what you should do:
- Stay Safe: First and foremost, ensure your safety. Pull your car over to the side of the road, if possible, and turn on your hazard lights to alert other drivers. If you can’t get off the road completely, stay in your vehicle with your seatbelt on, especially if you’re on a busy road.
- Assess the Situation: Try to determine the cause of the breakdown if you can. Are there strange noises, smoke, or warning lights on your dashboard? This information can be helpful when seeking assistance.
- Call for Help: Contact roadside assistance, such as AAA or your car’s manufacturer’s roadside service if you have it. If you don’t have a roadside assistance plan, you can call a tow truck or a mechanic. Be prepared to describe your location as accurately as possible.
- Stay Informed: If you’re in an unfamiliar area, use your smartphone’s GPS or a map app to identify your exact location. This can help the tow truck or assistance service find you more easily.
- Stay Visible: Use reflective triangles or road flares to make your car more visible, especially if it’s dark or foggy. This can help prevent accidents.
- Do Not Attempt Repairs if Inexperienced: Unless you’re a skilled mechanic and have the necessary tools, it’s usually best to leave any repairs to the professionals. Attempting repairs without the proper knowledge or tools can be dangerous and may cause further damage.
- Stay Calm: A breakdown can be frustrating, but it’s essential to stay calm and patient. These situations can often be resolved with the help of professionals.
- Prepare for Delays: Depending on your location and the severity of the breakdown, you may have to wait for a while before help arrives. Make sure you have enough supplies, such as water, snacks, and appropriate clothing, to wait comfortably.
- Know Your Vehicle: It’s a good idea to be familiar with your car’s basic maintenance and repair procedures, even if you’re not a mechanic. This knowledge can help you make informed decisions and understand what the repair technician is doing.
Remember, car breakdowns can happen to anyone, so knowing what to do can make the situation less stressful and ensure your safety.
Always be prepared! Put the phone number of 888 Tows (843-888-8697) in your contacts. This way you are able to call us right away when a breakdown happens. We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to help you after a breakdown to either get you on the road again or tow your vehicle to a mechanics or dealers shop.