Towing services become indispensable when roads get crowded with vehicles. A vehicle needs to be removed from the road when parked at a wrong place or when it stops moving. Police departments, in some states, have the authority to get towing assistance from private firms.
There is generally two types of towing; emergency and non-emergency. These are some of the emergency situations where police agencies can remove a vehicle from the road.
Emergency towing situations
- When a car proposes a threat to traffic
- When a vehicle is involved in some kind of criminal activities
- When a stolen car is found and need to be shifted to a right place
- When a person is injured and cannot drive in a safe manner
- When a car is parked at the wrong place
Above are some of the situations when emergency towing is required. A police officer can have the authority and place a call to nearby car recovery service to remove a car from the road. Make sure your car is not causing trouble to others and drive carefully to avoid inconvenience.
Non-Emergency towing situations
Here are some of the mistakes you can make while parking a car:
- Parking a car blocking the traffic
- Parking a vehicle blocking a street
- Double-parking of a vehicle
- Parking a car in a no-parking area
Private towing companies provide a very broad line of services which includes removal or displacement of various heavy objects. It could be a damaged or malfunctioning truck. If you have any kind of vehicle, you had better a contact number of nearby towing service which could help you out in roadside troubles.
Main services of a towing company are:
- Relocating objects including all kind of light and heavy automobiles
- Providing minor repair, jump start, lockout, etc.
- Recovering damaged objects
- Assisting police departments
- Auto scrap removal
Characteristics of an excellent towing company
Towing is a highly technical job which requires skills, equipment, motivation, and knowledge. You need to make sure that the company meets the standards before calling them for the towing operations. Here are some of the characteristics of a good roadside recovery service:
- Certified well-trained staff
- Reliable machinery and equipment
- Fully tested recovery vehicles and drivers
- Fast response emergency services
- Professionalism coupled with dedication and honesty
- Affordable roadside assistance
Whether you need emergency or non-emergency towing service, make sure the service provider is dependable and reputable. It will ensure the safety of the object you want to tow and the safety of others. On top of that, it will save you time and money.
Be sure to call 888 Tows for your emergency and non-emergency towing services.